Storytelling through Sound
Alpavirama 2022 will launch Audiophile - a narrative and experimental sound competition for sound artists, musicians, audio-enthusiasts and anyone interested in audio as a medium. We welcome submissions of audio works that push the limits of expression beyond music and radio programmes. Creators can submit their work in two categories - Narrative and Experimental - with a durational limitation of 15 minutes. Share conversations, field recordings, audio documentaries, music, poetry, silences or noises that illustrate your part of the world.
The Last date of entry 10th September 2022.
Rules & Terms
- This year, the Audiophile section is open only for Indian nationals.
- The audiophile section is open for creators from India who are under the age of 30 at the time of completion of the work.
- Duration of minimum two minutes and maximum 15 minutes will be eligible for the competition.
- Audio works produced on or after the 11th of October 2020
- Audio documentaries, sound stories and any other narrative-based piece is eligible for the Narrative section of the programme.
- Soundscapes, experimental music and any other non narrative-based piece is eligible for the Experimental section of the programme.
- Submissions can only be made in one of the two above-mentioned sections of the programme. If the same work is submitted to more than one section, it will lead to an immediate disqualification from both the sections.
- Works can be mono, stereo, binaural or surround sound mixes and must be in any one of these formats: .mp3 / .wav / .aiff / .ogg
- Entries in languages other than English must have English subtitles. In this case, the creators are required to submit .mov or .mp4 files with hardcoded English subtitles.
- In case of group or collective submissions, at least one of the members must be under the age of 30 at the time of completion of the work.
- The creator/s can only submit up to two original works for the programme.
- Selected works will be played at least once at Alpavirama and for a maximum of five times with partner institutions of the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
- Selected works will also be broadcasted online or over radio with the festival broadcasting partner.
- Selected creators will be required to share a complete credit list as a word document.
- Creators will be informed about their selections by the festival team. Unfortunately, the festival or the jury cannot provide individual feedback to works that are not selected.
- The festival will award certificates to all the shortlisted creators.
- The creators must acquire all necessary rights for all music, image and any other material used in the work.
- Once selected, the works cannot be withdrawn from the festival.
- Alpavirama or the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of change in scheduling.